Monday, May 21, 2007

Stuff that makes me happy - #1 - Korean Food Store Staff - Seaweed Jelly


There’s a Korean grocery store not too far from where I work. Every now and then, I like to go there. Korean food ranks way up there in the foods I like – it’s a totally different range of tastes from anything else I’ve tried. Kim-Chee is amazing – and many westerners hate it.

Anyways, today at lunchtime, I visited the store. Out of interest, I decided to but some seaweed jelly noodles. I don’t believe I’ve had these before, so it will be a new experience. Now onto what I really liked there. When I went to pay, the lady at the desk went on and explained to me how best to consume these – what she does is rinse them, slice cucumber, onion, and other vegetables thinly, mix it all up with come mayonnaise, and serve. See, I didn’t even ask – she voluntarily gave me all the info I needed. Now I’m fully equipped to enjoy the noodles, with the knowledge that someone else has done so first. That’s what I call customer service.

No comments: