Thursday, August 07, 2008

Kwame Goes to Jail - John Six-Pack??

So, the beloved Mayor Kilpatrick is currently inside Wayne County Jail, for Bond Violation.
You know, he's a complete jackass - he clearly considers himself above the law. His bond conditions were pretty clear - so what does he do? Swan off to Canada on "city business".

The judge asked: "Who was dying?", looking for a reason for the violation. "The City was sick", came the reply from Kwame's lawyer. The judge shoulda jailed the lawyer too - for such a dumb answer.

Fair play to the judge for insisting that Ole Kwame is just the same as any defendant - "What matters to me though is how the court overall is perceived and how if it was not Kwame Kilpatrick sitting in that seat- if it was John Six-Pack sitting in that seat, what would I do?"

But, I really need to ask - what is a John Six Pack? There's a term I've never heard before - I guess it means Joe Public. But John Six Pack???? Perhaps John is a bit of a lightweight who gets into brawls after drinking a six pack of bad beer??

Anyway, I fully expect Ole Kwame Sixpactrick (heh heh) to be out and back on the bad streets of the D tomorrow - his appeal is set for then.

Now, my first reaction when I heard he was in the slammer was - great, he will finally resign. But in hindsight, I'm wrong. He won't resign. Why would he? He's tha man, and he is getting paid a good wage to be it. Why give that up just because most everyone thinks he should? Why give up the big car life? Or the parties? Ooops, sorry, there never was a party.

Anyway, sleep well, Kwame. Wonder will ya get any action?

No comments: